1. Rumours that she took pills, as the preferred route.
2. Her name is (was?) Neelambari Tuse.(or tusey as I say such names should be spelt.)
3. This apparently seems to be a "boyfriend break-up" case. Even more sad.
Today is the first day of our first combined college fest. MindSpark However, news breaks into college in the morning by about 12 that a particular girl has committed suicide.(3rd year Production Engg. apparently.) This had the following effects:
- All events in which the college thinks we're having "fun" are cancelled. Frankly this might not be the reason, as everything I know up to this point is hearsay. Anyway, what is fact is that the cultural shows planned and the round-the-clock events at the "Lounge" stand annulled.
- We're keeping fingers crossed about the MELA Quiz. I kind-of feel happy that we called it the MELA quiz, and not the Entertainment quiz. Our chances of survival in that case would have been lower. I still (rather pessimistically) think, that it will be cancelled. Let's see.
- A series of rather sanctimonious repercussions the event. We've been told to gather all people taking part in our event at 4:something today.(even if the event is not today, and the participants are not here.) Then all these organisers with participants in tow asre expected to gather around the staff in-charge and "mourn" for 2 minutes.
- This rather pious statement is from the chief organiser, a rather kindly fellow I know named Priygun Jain. He instructed the main organisers "to ensure that everyone is wearing a black band. If you see someone not wearing one, ensure that they do." (PS: I'm NOT being sarcastic when i say he is a kindly sort of fellow. He really is.)
That as I rather think is enough reporting from the front-lines. My personal views on such suicidal cases is rather impersonal and some might say "stone-hearted". I will therefore express them later when the mind is more receptive to reason.