Not reading the following may cause you to waste a good 100 bucks and 3hrs used best elsewhere
End of the first 'sextet' of exams seemed a suitable enough opportunity to watch this.
* a movie definitely inspired by the Mithun genre and suddenly springing the idea of a historical comedy.
* Low hemlines and some really *ahem* dialogues.
* Corny and some appaling/disgusting scenes
* Toby Stevens and Aamir Khan do boost their performance in parts, but IIRC The Times rightly put it as - 'Aamir Khan has taken himself too seriously for a Manmohan Desai type flick'
* An entirely passable music score, ordinary and below ordinary performances from the two leading ladies (RM and AP resp.) and a really mystifying storyline. Not to mention to 'claimed' historical distortion.(try The Sepoy Mutiny/The First War of Independence is the bloodiest struggle in the history of mankind.)
* Actress Mona Ambegaonkar of CID fame actually has two whole scenes in which the only thing she is doing is first breast feeding a 'gora' child. Then some stupid bastard went over and asked her what her role in the movie was.
There's neither the out and out laugh rioting as with Kisna nor 'high-end' quality as with Lagaan. Nothing, in short, for one to watch or rather watch out for.
There - I've saved you a 100 bucks.